It's Wednesday and I'm over it now!
I have other goals and dreams to pursue that have taken it's place and I feel better off as a person for attempting to do the race. I truly learned a ton over the past 2 months of training:
- Ketogenic diets are applicable to athletes; more and more endurance athletes don't fuel with "carbs"
- I am old, but doesn't mean I can't regain my speed or endurance with effort
- I like to challenge myself yet, I also like workout that aren't always filled with "performance" pressure
- I learned that track for kids HAS TO BE a fun group activity, not a pressure cooker with a drill sergeant mom
- I learned about the USTAF programs and how I can become a certified track coach/club
- I reaffirmed that GOD comes first in my life, family second and "work" a distant 3rd or even 4th
- Lactic Acid Threshold and VO2 max testing is really underutilized in athlete training in my area
- Track clubs are NON-EXISTENT in my area...everyone seems to be running LONG races. My question is "why so far???"
I did manage to get a couple workouts done, my hair and nails done and some work completed. All in all it's been a good week!!
I'll be checking in on your blogs in a bit...but first I have to bring my DD to guitar!