Thursday, March 19, 2009

Focusing on Family

After returning from vacation I've been really focusing on my family...It's been a long time since that's been my main focus. Business had taken over my life for the past couple of years and now that it has transitioned into a new matured season...I have the time an mental energy to FOCUS on my family again. It is good but also a challenge. Habits run deep...when we get in the habit of focusing on e-mails, work assignments, conference calls, etc....It is hard to shift gears to focus on family activities, playing with your children, having a long sit down meal, discussing the day's events at school, etc... I am re-learning how to do that an it's been wonderful.

Yesterday, Travis and I spent quite a bit of time talking together along with accomplishing some important work, then when the kids came home I made them snacks while they did homework and off we all went for a walk (the kids rode scooters and bikes). Then came home cooked dinner, talked with the kids, and ate together. It was really a slow paced day full of family focus. VERY NICE!! I expect that soon this style of life (sprinkled with a bit more exciting business assignments) will be more of a HABIT for me. It is what I've worked so hard to attain!! It's a true dream come true!

My leg workout yesterday was a bit of a wussy one, but that's "A OKAY" cuz I am still dealing with a bit of SEA-HEAD (dizzy, wobbly, feel like I am on a boat still). I was afraid to do squats because I felt like I'd loose my balance, and a leg day without squats for me is WEIRD!

warm up r-bike 10 min
45degree hack
machine x20
90x15
140x15
paired with side lunges

Dead lifts
55x20
135x10x2 sets

knee extensions
110x20
130x15
150x10
170x10
paired with leg curls
75x10 slow lowering x2sets
90x10

Calf raises- seated - various foot positioning
90x20
140x20x2

hanging knee ups- 1 set
10 front, 4 each side

roman chair
straight legs 15 reps+ 30 reps

hyper-extension abs
15 reps x2 sets

That was it! My hammies and lower back are sore today~ so at least it worked!

I hope to have a great BACK, SH, BI workout today~ I am going to start taking purple wrath again prior to my workouts...it helps!
Have a great THURSDAY!!!
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment