Friday, June 05, 2009
FireCrackin Hot Challenge ~ Day 1
HI!! It's Day 1 of the 4 weeks...ARE you READY!!
Today's workout is as follows...I am buffing so I will do 3 sets of 10 of each exercise.
Here is what my workout log looks like filled out~ Below that I'll detail it for you:
Warm up r-bike
Squats 3x10(buffing); 3x6 (boosting)
abs between sets of squats
Dead Lifts 3x10(buffing); 3x6 (boosting)
between sets of dead lifts
Leg Extensions 3x10(buffing); 3x6 (boosting)
between sets of leg extensions
Leg Curls 3x10(buffing); 3x6 (boosting)
between sets of leg curls
15#Db's x 2x30 steps
15#Db's x 2x30 steps
· If the above looks like it's written in a foreing language to you~ here is a SUPER DETAILED view of the workout from START to FINISH:
Start with a warm up~ I like to do 10 min of the Recumbent bike(r-bike).
EXERCISE #1- Then I head over to where I am going to do my first exercise. SQUATS: I start by doing a warm up set that I don’t count as a real set. No Weight x20 reps and then stretch and maybe do a few more- It’s always good to be "lubed up". I have just recovered from a bad back injury so I am being VERY careful to ease slowly back into squatting and many other leg exercises. It’ll take me a few months to get back to lifting the weights I was prior to injury. Slow and Steady weight increases are the smartest way to lift.
· Set 1 of squats: 45# on my upper back x 10 reps…then move right into doing my abs
· Set 1 of ABS: The ABS exercises are up to you~ I’ll do crunches first: 15 reps slow and controlled….then go right back to squats. Remember "I am buffing", so I want little rest between sets and I want to keep my heart rate up.
· Set 2 of Squats: 55# on my upper back x 10 reps
· Set 2 of ABS: 15 crunches
· Set 3 of Squats: I feel good so I think I’ll ad another 10 pounds, 65x10
EXERCISE #2 - Dead Lifts: I like doing this with a slight bend in my knees lowering the weight slowly while keeping the curve in my lower back—all the movement in my hips.
· Set 1 of Dead lifts: 55# held with one hand over, one hand under x10 reps
· Set 1 of ABS: Knee ups x25 reps
· Set 2 of Dead lifts: 55# held with one hand over, one hand under (alternate which hands from previous set) x10 reps
· Set 2 of ABS: knee upsx15 reps
· Set 3 of DL’s: 55#x10
EXERCISE #3 - Leg Extensions- An important tip for women when doing these are to keep your feet flexed up and toes pointed slightly out...if you don’t have access to this machine you can do stationary lunges here instead.
· Set 1 of Leg Extensions: 135x10
· Set 1 of ABS: Full crunches on the ball x15 reps
· Set 2 of Leg Extensions: 135x10
· Set 2 of ABS: on ball x15
· Set 3 of Leg Extensions: 135x10
Exercise #4 - Leg Curls…if you don’t have this equipment you can do leg curls with a Ball
· Set 1 of Leg curls: 75x10
· Set 1 of ABS: CATS arch up for 5 secs hold…repeat 5 times
· Set 2 of Leg Curls: 85x10
· Set 2 of ABS: CATS 5-5sec
· Set 3 of Leg Curls: 85x10
BURN OUT EXERCISE! - Walking lunges holding dumbbells
· Set 1 of Walking Lunges: 15#DB’sx30 steps (15 each leg)
· REST for about 1-2 min…do some stretching
· Set 2 Walking Lunges: 15’sx15 (same as set 1, just written shorthand)
Then I am done….most leg days I don’t do any extra cardio or intervals. Leg workouts burn a ton of calories and use a ton of energy…to add Cardio on top of the workout unless I am in GREAT shape often makes me too tired to function the rest of the day.
Posted by Michelle Berger