Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No more seafood for this gal!




Last night I got to go out on a wonderful date with my hubby, we ate at bonefish and I had the Ahi Tuna appetizer for my meal...That was not a good idea! I woke up this morning early feeling very nauseous and in retrospect have realized almost every time I eat seafood (shrimp, crablegs, ahi tuna) I get ILL! So, no more seafood for me!

It's now 2pm and I just ate my first real food of the day and am finally able to get something done. I think I'm feeling well enough to do a workout after the kids get home on the bus. My plan is to lift chest, tris and run.

I meant to post more about our contest yesterday, but didn't get it done, SORRY!! We had ATT U-verse install and that cause me to miss much of my work time... Plus DH and I couldn't pass up a chance to have a DATE! Grandma Mary so kindly watched the kids so we could go out...she's leaving next Monday, so this was one of our last chances to have a free sitter :) I'll miss her when she goes back to MN!

Yesterday did turn out to be a great workout day, I had my MMA class and went to the gym for a Back, Shoulder and Biceps workout plus stairmill intervals!

Here's sorta how the workout went:

MMA class- 10 mins jump rope, 20mins punching/kicking and some kneeing of the bags. Then grappling drilling and some free rolling.

Paired circuits- buffing

Lat pulls/shoulder press

One arm DB Rows/ T- bar rows

Bicep Curls/ lateral raises

Seated rows/upright rows/hammer bicep curls

I also did some lower back extensions and a bit of abs

20mins of Stair mill intervals- hard mins at level 8; easy at 6

I sure hope all of you are having a better start to your day than I have...nothing worse than nausea!

Love ya,
M

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Sorry you were sick! I'd be so sad if seafood made me ill. Thank you for posting your workout! So helpful...I'm boosting right now, but this will be helpful in a week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also sorry the seafood made you sick...must be the time of year, because the last time we ate fish after the Holidays, it did me the same way. (or was it all the rest that I ate just catching up,lol)

    ReplyDelete