Friday, December 09, 2011

My Workout Yesterday

Good morning world! It's Friday today and you know what that means...BE EXTRA FRIENDLY today!! Friendly Friday ROCKS!!
My workout yesterday~ was inspired by some comments I saw on www.bodyrock.tv regarding exercise demonstration. Many of their followers were having problems "seeing" how to do a Sumo Squat Side Step Up exercise. Anyhow, I thought I'd take a video to show how and actually do the workout challenge myself.
This video shows the how to demo and last 100 reps of a 200 rep workout being completed. Please follow along for a great workout!! This exercise is great for teaching you balance and working your hip flexors, lateral hips, butt, hamstrings, glutes, quads, calves and abs. Please feel free to Follow along as I demonstrate this exercise and share my workout.
The details:
Equipment needed- solid surface, good shoes and a solid chair, box or bench and a timer
  • Goal is to complete 200 Sumo Squat Side Step Ups with GREAT form
  • Time yourself to keep a solid pace- try to keep it steady the entire 200 reps
  • Switch sides every 10 reps- 10 to to right; 10 to the left repeat 10 times total.
  • The workout takes about 15 minutes give or take a few minutes- it depends on your pace, form and fitness level. Remember it is NOT a race!!

Then I did a short at home circuit workout that I did today for your stomach, shoulders, back and abs. (Notice- I changed clothes, put my make up on, fixed my hair a bit and put on a visor-- I realized how horrid I looked in the sumo squat video, lol!)
The details:
Equipment needed- Ab Wheel, set of Dumbbells
Ab Wheel x 10 reps
15 second rest
DB Shoulder press on Knees x 10 reps
15 second rest

Key points to remember-
  • If your dog weighs more that 5 pounds keep them away from your workout area.
  • If you have never done the ab wheel you may need to lower the number of reps to 5 per set. It takes some practice and you WILL get sore.
  • Proper form is more important than speed. Slow down, breath and focus on perfect movement with intense MIND MUSCLE connections.
  • This workout in an of itself is very short but effective- you can do it as a short "emergency" workout, an MOJO keeper type workout or in addition to your normal upper body or after and interval workout like I did :)
Have fun!!!
-Michelle
p.s. Pretty please, comment and even share my you tube videos; it really helps a ton!! THANKS!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:13 PM

    I think it's awesome you are integrating the bodyrock.tv workouts into your workouts! They are much more difficult than they look. What do you think of Crossfit workouts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent read BuffMother. Thanks for an inspiring article.

    ReplyDelete