Tuesday, August 25, 2009

40 Days to Fit ~ Days 36 & 37


Another Monday! My plan for today's workout is to work my BUTT with lots of LUNGES~In order to hit your GLUTES when lunging there are several things you can do-
Foucus on using yourFRONT leg for the movement.
Bend forward at the waist (chest to knee) at the bottom of the movement to gain a GOOD stretch in your glute
Pre exhaust your other muscles with exercises like - squats, leg extenisions, leg curls, etc...
Utilize WALKING LUNGES with weight they are proven to be the most effective at hitting butt muscles
Here's a couple on of my FAVORITE moves for working my butt~ Smith BUTT Lunges: By bringing my front foot in and leaning my chest towards my knee, my glutes are stimulated much more. BE PREPARED for a sore BUTT the day after these, lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E61rMe-cIfA
And a couple other links to BUTT exercise videos:
Walking Lunges: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhyjC_TAvKo
Starter Style Walking Lunges:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UfmobVOGOk

In other news...We have ton of FUN Stuff going on and many great tools that will help you get buff!i'll be sending out a newsletter with more info on all if it VERY SOON~ so please be sure you name is on the list. You can sign up here www.buffmother.com
Now to catch you up on my workouts for the past 4 days~
Thursday- Did legs- had a GREAT workout!!Friday- Had a great RUN outside!Sat- Did a good Chest/Tris/Shoulder/bicep workoutSun- Did a GREAT run Outside
The PLAN for this week is:M- legsT-Back, intervals (run)W-Chest, intervalsTh, F, Sa- REPEAT M, T, W :)Sunday- OFF

!!*!*!*!*!***!!****!
Day 37
HEY ALL~ I am up, kidless, supplemented, coffeed, fed, journaled, ; soon to be exercised,buffed and beautified!!! The day is really shaping up nicely~ I love it when I feel like this~ in control, organized, focused and KICKING tail!!!
I wanted to post my wornderful leg workout from yesterday~ in total it took about 45 mins to complete
Warm up elliptical 7 mins...I realized I like the elliptical and need to do it more!
Squats
45x20
95x10x2sets
115x10x2sets paired with
laying side leg lifts 3 sets of 20 each leg

BB Lunges-alternating legs
45x10
65x10x2sets paired with
seated Hip Abduction machine
50x20x2sets
70x12

Dead Lifts
95x10x4sets (2 stiff, 2 conventional)paired with
seated calf raises
105x10x4sets (toes st, out, in)

Smith Lunges
50x10 no step
50x10 with step
70x10 with stepx2sets paired with
knee extensions
60x10 (one leg at a time)
110x10
150x10x2sets

walking lunges50#BB x30steps (15each leg) x2sets paired with
seated leg adductions
50x20x2sets

One set of Butt SQUATS on Smith 70x10 SQUEEZE!!!

One monster set of knee ups on roman chair (about 45 reps)

Today's workout is Back, Sh, Biceps, ABS~ and a interval run on treddy :tready:

Hope you have a NICE day like I am having~ -Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment