Thursday, November 01, 2012

SSS Final Thoughts & Stats

HI Everybody!!

I am a bit late on getting week #10's stuff done-- that's okay though!! I am just excited to be FINISHING it!!
#1-Take measurements, stats~

Today’s Date:____8-23 AFTER 10-31-12_____ height:___5-6.5____ weight:__129.6_AFTER= 128.0 _ age:_37____
Today’s cycle day- day 9 AFTER= cycle day 23

Please list the following measurements-
Bust (around breasts the biggest part): 36 After= 35.5
Chest- relaxed (just under armpits above breasts with arms down at your sides): 34 AFTER= 33.5
Chest- flexed back and chest (just under armpits with arms down at your sides): 38 AFTER= 37
Waist- relaxed (the smallest part): 27 AFTER= 26
Waist-sucked in (the smallest part): 25 AFTER= 24.5
Hips (the largest part of your butt): 36 AFTER= 35
Shoulders (around the outside of your shoulders with your arms at sides): 41 relaxec, 42 flexed AFTER= 40 RELAXED, 40.5 FLEXED
Biceps (relaxed at midpoint of upper arm): 10 AFTER=9.5
Biceps (flexed at midpoint of upper arm):11 AFTER=11
Thigh-mid (about 8” above knee cap): 19.5 AFTER=19
Thigh- upper (about 12” above knee cap): 20.5 AFTER =20
Calf (about 7” below knee joint): 13 AFTER= 13.25

Caliper measurements (*these are the ones I like to track on myself and use to calculate my body fat, for further info on body fat measurements here is a link http://www.linear-software.com/online.html)
*Tricep: 6 AFTER= 4
*Thigh: 7 AFTER=6
*Iliac: 6 AFTER= 4
Abdomen (I do this one for kicks, since I am an apple): 9 AFTER= 8



NICE LOSS OF INCHES AND BODY FAT AND WEIGHT!! VERY HAPPY!!

BEFORE and AFTER front:



BEFORE and AFTER side:

:

Before and After back:





I like the changes in the pics-- except that I lose my butt when I lose weight!! I am going to focus hard on squatting and deadlifting a bunch the next couple weeks and see if after this next buffing phase I can get some better booty progress.

Thanks so much for all your encouragement through the contest!! I love each and every tidbit of feedback, TEAM BUFFMOTHER is the reason I keep going!!!!

#3-FinishingThoughts:
Where are you in your journey?

I am in a spot of transition...I feel like I've made good progress, but yet want more. Over the past few months I've become quite diligent at completing my workouts at home. I'm very proud of myself for that!! Years of being inconsistent with home workouts made me unsure that I'd ever successfully workout at home. I give much of the credit to my online support system for my success at "home workouts", Thanks TEAM BUFFMOTHER!

( I wrote this and then looked back at my starting thoughts and answer to this question-- crazy similar!!)MY STARTING STUFF- http://therallyroom.com/node/53979

Did you reach your goals and aspirations?

My goal was to work on my diet and to take tennis lessons! I did both!! YAY ME!!
The other goal was to work on my business- I did yet, I am still not quite in FULL ATTACK MODE on this item. The momentum is building, but I need to "decided" my exact path. Once I do, I'll go all out!

Where do you see this challenge brought you?

It's not physical for me-- it's mental. I am in a daily battle in my head regarding what is good vs. evil for me, my body, my time management, my goals, etc... I am often reminded of the quotes "to whom much is given much is required" and that "with FREEDOM come much responsibility" I don't want time to fly by without my STAMP on it. I want to live an impactful meaningful life. I constantly have to resisit the urge to just "be".



Do you have any lingering concerns?

Yes, I am concerned about winter. Every year when the days get shorter I get a bit down, lazy, tired etc... The BEST medicine is exercise, GOALS and forcing myself out of HIBERNATION and into the sunshine, lol!

Do you feel you made an impact on your legacy during this contest?

I do! Through my test results at the doctor showing that I am very insulin resistant, my kids have learned more about how sugar and carb consumption affects your body. And how being sure to eat protein with meals is very helpful in feeling good!

your WHY?
My WHY is stonger than ever! I know more of WHY my body works the way it does. I know more of WHY I need to help other women learn about their bodies. I also know why GOD created me like ME! I am unique and I have a unique mission that doesn't fit into a mold.

Did you feel the support group helped you stay on track?

OH yes, support is always vital!! I love TEAM BUFFMOTHER and the encouragement I get to give and receive!!



What tactics did you use to stay focused and engaged for the entire 70 days?
Oh my, so many!! I used the weekly challenge, my favorite one this time was the daily bikini wearing. It really helped me realize the work to be done, plus got me excited about snapping pictures on a daily basis. That's when I decicded to do my #workoutproof pictures each time I workout. I've really enjoyed that challenge to myself.

The videos have also been great. Seriously, I was inspired by myself a few times, LOL!!



Did you reward yourself when you hit certain goals along the way?
Not really, I had so much going on all the time that no specific thing was a "reward"...I don't know if that's my style either. I am not too reward driven. I am more accomplishment driven and driven by a deep need to be challenged. Rewards, Money and Prizes are not things I strive to attain.

What other thoughts are in your head at the moment?
I wish I could have finished the contest a bit stronger and that I would have taken my pics and stats last week. I was at a good place-- finishing buffing strong and at my lowest weight in months. Now I'm in the midst of boosting and have had several days of "tummy issues"...anyhow, I know one week won't negate the progress I've made, but still I would really like my progress pics to show progress!!

*** Please be sure to submit the SSS Contest FINAL Entry form****DUE November 5th***

#4- Comment about your HORMONES
Did you GET to know your body?

Yes, I did even more than ever. In September I got a full hormone panel ran. Both blood and saliva tests done. My results showed that my insulin resistance was REAL. I had theorized about that for years, but having a test show it has caused me to stop "playing" around with it. I have no business eating anything but a very low carb diet. I don't ever want to be diagnosed with Diabetes!

I also found out that my progesterone was very low and could be causing many of my other hormonal issues. I am on my second month of using progesterone cream during the second half of my cycle and I do feel better. The doctor said to have patience with it and by 6 months in I should feel back to my NORMAL self. YAY!!

Did you learn about your good c-days, your bad c-days, your weight fluctuations, etc…
I am still learning! I have really FELT the effects of my lower carb diet. I feel less lethargy and more STEADY throughout my cycle. Controling carbs is key for me!

Did anything surprise you? Not really :)


#5- Favorite Journal/Blog Posts
take a peek back at your blogs– what were some of your favorite entries from the 10 weeks?

One of my favorites was "When to REST" and another was the one on BELEIF- http://buffmother.com/6757/believe-week-05-coaching-topic

Did anyone else’s impact you along the way?
Oh yes!! Lots of positive feed back and I TRULY enjoyed each and every comment on my blogs, videos and facebook posts!! I don't know if many of you realize how much that helps TEAM BUFFMOTHER reach more people. The way the internet works and search engines "rank" websites is by activity. Each and every comment really helps me help more women!! So in turn you help reach the world by giving a bit of feedback :) THANKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment