Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The MAC & WRAP Legs

The "MAC" and "Wrap" +Legs!

Create New Post
So...yesterday I got caught up on my video demos for our booty sandwiches!!
I did the MAC and the WRAP and then I did my leg workout~~
MAC- repeat this circuit 4 times.
  1. M- MMA Squat- get in a "fighting stance", hands up by ears to and squat 5 times; Jump to switch foot position and do 5 more.
  2. A-Abduction- simple laying side leg raises- lay on your side with head propped up on elbow.  Lift top leg up as high as you can without rotating hips open- you may want to point toe down to help activate your hip/glute muscles. Do 15-25 reps (to failure) on one leg and then repeat with the other leg. Be sure to alternate starting leg with each set
  3. C- Cross Swings- Stand with all your weight on right leg holding on to a chair or bar infront of you - lift left leg up to side and then swing it  A-CROSS the right leg in a controlled fashion.  Do 10 each leg and be sure to alternate staring leg with each set.



*HH sandwich*~WRAP (I'll ADD video demo later)
  1. W- Wiggle It- Stand with legs slightly further than shoulder width apart. shift weight from one side to the other lifting right hip and bending knees of left leg to do so and switch back and forth giving a "wiggle" type dancing motions. 
  2. R- Running Ups- Stand holding a bar or back of chair in front of you.  Bring knee up to chest (like running) and then extending foot back behind you about 1.5 to 2 feet with a "bounce" between.  Do 15 on each leg then switch.
  3. A- Adductions- Lay on your back with feet up in the air and butt propped up with hands. Made a V with legs being sure to get it as wide as possible and then close V and repeat.  SLOW and controlled for 10 reps. You can vary foot position to emphasize certain muscles.
  4. P- Pilate UPS- Stand with toes out like a ballerina, squat down low with knees out to side then extend all the way up onto toes with arms above you.  Repeat 5 times.

My workout was one of those I DID NOT want to do!  One of those "i hate working out days!" But I still did it!! 
I did:
Dead lifts (stiff, Romanian, conventional) with 135# for the high sets
Squats Heavy 1 heavy set of 155 the rest at 135
Lunges one set forward and on set reverse
with a bunch of other leg stuff between-- Some of the moves from the MAC and WRAP, plus practicing for the FRISCO and the TUNA

A good hard solid workout!!  I also "tested" my hip flexor/quad and it feels better, so I'll be good to go for a solid track workout tomorrow!!
FYI- I took my resting heart rate this morning and it was down to 41BPM my weight has been right around 127.  I'm getting in better shape!! GOTTA LOVE IT!

See ya later babes!!
 
 
The Key to your Motivation is to Encourage others!
www.BuffMother.com

No comments:

Post a Comment